What a lucky week (or two) I’ve had with this mild February weather! I’ve managed to get all of the electric fence lines stretched and ready for final hookup! It’s been quite an intensive project so far, and I feel a great sense of accomplishment now that the final stages are near. One thing that I really enjoyed in this l phase of the fence construction was making all of the wire connections for all of the insulators that join the fence together. My favourite tool was an old broken drill bit that I made into a wire bender! A very simple old piece of steel, but I used it over and over again to join wire, and it worked better than I could have imagined. Another great tool I got my hands on was a “Spinning Jenny” to help hold the wire spool as I unravelled it down the lines. It made short work out of a task that could have taken much longer. The last steps to final hookup are next! I can’t wait until this project is finished and our new animals arrive!